Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I saw a recipe awhile ago on All Recipes that I really wanted to try baking.  It was for Pumpkin-Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.  I started with this recipe, but made quite a few changes/substitutions.  My recipe is at the end of this post.  They turned out deliciously well, and were pretty quick and easy to make.  I did have to wait awhile for the whole batch to bake, as my smaller cookies yielded a little over 60.  Not a normal cookie texture; more cake-like (well other than the first dozen which I burned. oops.)  Next time, I'll probably up the oatmeal and pumpkin, or add some pre-blended pumpkin spice.  I was surprised how slight the pumpkin taste was in the finished cookies.

Regardless, our apartment smells like autumn now, and I love it.  If only Mother Nature would cooperate with the weather....

Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ingredients
2 cups wheat flour
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin (NOT pie filling)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla (or an oz. rum)
1 cup baking raisins

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In medium bowl, loosely mix together flour, oats, baking soda, and spices.   In separate bowl (with hand mixer), beat together butter, vanilla and sugars until whipped and fluffy.  To sugar mix, add egg and pumpkin, beat well.  Add dry ingredients and raisins; mix until blended.

3. Drop tablespoon-sized dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets.  Bake 13-15 minutes or until cookies are firm and cake-like.  Allow to cool on baking sheets a few minutes, then cool completely on wire racks.

Makes approximately 60 2-inch cookies.

For nutritional information, generated by Spark Recipes, visit: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1280300

No comments:

Post a Comment